A gift to your family, sparing them hard decisions at an emotional time.
It is not always possible to pay respects in person, so we hope that this small token will help.
Offer a gift of comfort and beauty to a family suffering from loss.
The Cooperative Funeral Home of the District of Sudbury is the first Co-operative funeral home in Canada and probably the first in the world being founded in late 1951 and opened for business in 1952. Originally founded by members of the Caisse Populaire Ste Anne de Sudbury to serve the francophone and catholic population of the Sudbury district it has now expanded its mandate to serve all ethnicities and religions of the area. Being a co-operative-it belongs to its members; lifetime membership is $25.00 per adult. The Co-operative Funeral Home was incorporated October 17, 1951 when the Honorable George Arthur Welch, Secretary of the Province of Ontario signed the Letters Patent to form the company that was to bear the name Co-operative Funeral Home of the District of Sudbury. Originally located on the site of the J.B. Ducharme Funeral Home at 73 Beech St., Sudbury; in 1953, this location being too small, we purchased the home of Dr. L.J. Poirier which was replaced with a new modern building erected in 1963. 1966-67 begins the revitalization of the city centre. Consequently,we are expropriated and relocated to the outskirts of Sudbury, the present location , 222 Lasalle Blvd. We erect our beautiful Georgian mansion as per the style of the plantations of the USA. In 1969 we acquired J.A. Gratton’s property at 35 Main St. in Chelmsford and in 1994 we purchased 4570 St. Joseph St. in Hanmer to better serve these communities. All locations are updated regularly. Our fleet consists of recent white Cadillacs-funeral coaches, limousines, cars, and vans.